Real FRUIT Real VEGETABLES Real SIMPLE
1. Improved Vision
Western culture’s understanding of carrots being “good for the eyes” is one of the few we got right. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina, to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision.
Beta-carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts. A study found that people who eat the most beta-carotene had 40 percent lower risk of macular degeneration than those who consumed little.
2. Cancer Prevention
Studies have shown carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Researchers have just discovered falcarinol and falcarindiol which they feel cause the anticancer properties.
Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases. Carrots are one of the only common sources of this compound. A study showed 1/3 lower cancer risk by carrot-eating mice.
The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism. It help slows down the aging of cells.
4. Healthy Glowing Skin (from the inside)
Vitamin A and antioxidants protects the skin from sun damage. Deficiencies of vitamin A cause dryness to the skin, hair and nails. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
5. Prevent Heart Disease
Studies show that diets high in carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein.
The regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
6. Cleanse the Body
Vitamin A assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body. It reduces the bile and fat in the liver. The fibers present in carrots help clean out the colon and hasten waste movement.
7. Prevent Stroke:
From all the above benefits it is no surprise that in a Harvard University study, people who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or less.
1. Boosts your immunity
A single orange can meet more than 100% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C. This vital nutrient helps improve your immunity, keeping you free from diseases and infections. Here are some more immunity boosting foods.
2. Good for your skin
As we grow older, our skin along with other body parts suffers from free radical damage. This process is similar to how metals rust after exposure to air. Even though it is inevitable, oranges are packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C which slows down the process and makes you look younger than your age!
3. Great for your eyes
Along with our skin, our eyes also suffer from damage as we grow older. Oranges are rich in nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium which are great for your eyes.
4. Prevents heart disease
One of the reasons why people get heart disease is because their arteries are blocked due to unhealthy lifestyles and consumption of junk food. Oranges have flavonoids like hesperidin which reduces cholesterol and prevents your arteries from getting blocked. This, in turn protects you from heart attack and various other cardiovascular diseases.
5. Helps in brain development
Folate and folic acid present in oranges promote brain development and keep the vital organ in mint condition. In fact, these nutrients also make orange a healthy fruit for pregnant woman as it prevents the baby from having neurological disorders later.
6. Prevents cancer
Having cancer can be a tough and harrowing experience for both the patient and the caregiver. Research has shown that a compound called D – limonene present in oranges can prevent various types of cancer like lung cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, etc. Additionally, the antioxidants and Vitamin C help promote the body’s immunity which helps in fighting cancer cells.
7. Keeps you free from stomach ulcers
Oranges are a very good source of fiber which helps keep your stomach and intestines healthy. A diet rich in fiber will ensure that you are not affected with ailments like stomach ulcers and constipation.
8. Improves the quality of your sperm
Death is inevitable, but our legacy may live on through our offspring. The antioxidants and Vitamin C present in most fruits, including oranges improves the quality and motility of your sperm thus keeping you fertile.
9. Great for diabetics
People who have diabetes are unable to absorb glucose since the beta-cells present in their pancreas either fail to produce insulin or the body’s cells are unable to respond to the insulin produced. Oranges are high in fiber and have a high glycaemic index which makes it a good food option for diabetics. Also worth mentioning is that good oranges have a sweet taste, and since diabetics aren’t allowed to eat sweets or other sugary foods, they can eat oranges to tingle their taste buds.
10. Prevents hair loss
Orange has high Vitamin C content which is required for producing collagen which, in turn, is responsible for keeping the tissues in your hair together. Nobody likes bald patches on their head, and eating oranges can ensure that you do not have to part with your lovely hair as you grow older.
1. Helps activate digestive enzymes: Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Clears sinus pressure: Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Helps if feeling airsick or nauseous
5. Helps minimize gas.Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Helps eliminate stomach cramps and discomfort.
7. Alleviates joint pain Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil into your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Post surgery: Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Eliminate congestion: Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues: Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
1. Ideal for weight loss!
2. It is a brain food! It is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function and concentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, improving your defense against Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highest amount of these power nutrients.
3. High in sulfur, the beautifying mineral. Cabbage helps dry up oily and acne skin. Internally sulfur is essential for keratin, a protein substance necessary for healthy hair, nails, and skin.
4. Helps detoxify the body. The high content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removes toxins (free radicals and uric acid); which are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
5. Has well-known cancer preventive compounds lupeol, sinigrin and sulforaphane.
They stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors. A Study on women showed a reduction in breast cancer when cruciferous vegetables like cabbage were added to their diet.
6. Helps keep blood pressure from getting high. The high potassium content helps by opening up blood vessels, easing the flow of blood.
7. Hangovers from heavy drinking were reduced by using cabbage, since Roman times.
8. Anti-inflammatory and Blood Sugar Regulator. The natural red pigments of red cabbage (betalains) is said to lower blood sugar levels and boost insulin production. Of course it has no white sugars and very few simple sugars. Betalains have powerful anti-inflammatory properties just like beets
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium as well as those listed below.
2. Kale is high in iron. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. Iron is essential for good health, such as the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes, transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers. It is also necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions including normal bone health and the prevention of blood clotting. Also increased levels of vitamin K can help people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids help protect against various cancers.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility.
10. Kale is a great detox food. Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.
1. Apples are filled with soluble fiber (5 grams).This fiber has been shown to reduce intestinal disorders, including diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and possibly some types of cancer. It helps control insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream. It cleanses and detoxifies, which helps eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury.
2. Apple pectin helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion.
3. In two studies researchers found that eating five apples a week lowered the risk for respiratory diseases like asthma.
4. According to Chinese Medicine Apples strengthen the heart, quench thirst, lubricate the lungs, decrease mucous and increase body fluids.
5. Studies indicate that eating apples daily can reduce skin diseases.
6. Apples are packed with vitamins. Vitamins C, A, and flavonoids and with smaller amounts of phosphorus, iron and calcium.
7. Apples provide a source of potassium which may promote heart health.
1. Drinking fresh celery juice neutralizes acidity, alkalizes the body and balances the body’s pH. A slightly alkaline pH is essential to good health (and fertility). Celery juice also rehydrates the body and replaces electrolytes so it is a fantastic and much healthier alternative to Gatorade and other sports drinks.
2. Celery juice contains many anti-cancer compounds and reduces the risk of certain cancers including colon and stomach cancer. It has also been shown to lower bad cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
3. Drinking celery juice helps balance weight by helping to reduce cravings for rich or sweet foods. Celery juice also aids weight loss, reduces cellulite and puffiness by acting as a diuretic and reducing inflammation.
4. Celery juice is calming and cooling. It has a calming effect on the entire nervous system and helps balance body temperature during extreme heat.
5. Drinking fresh celery juice also prevents constipation and reduces the risk of calcification in the body such as kidney, urinary and gall bladder stones.
1. Beets are nature’s Viagra. Seriously. One of the first known uses of beets was by the ancient Romans, who used them medicinally as an aphrodisiac. And that’s not just urban legend – science backs it up. Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
2. Beets are high in many vitamins and minerals potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid. These are but a few of the many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can be found in beets and beet greens. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
3. Beets cleanse the body they are a wonderful tonic for the liver, works as a purifier for the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer.
4. Beets help your mental health beets contain betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being, similar to chocolate. Beets can also lower your blood pressure.
5. Beets are used as a stomach acid tester. How in the world does that work? Glad you asked. If you are eating a lot of beets or beet juice, and your pee turns pink, guess what? You have low stomach acid. Nutritionists use beets and beet juice to test stomach acid levels, so stay ahead of the curve by adding beets to your diet now.
6. Beets are a high source of energy. At the same time they are low in calories and high in sugar (although the sugar is released into your system gradually, as opposed to chocolate). Very few foods found in the natural world are as beneficial as beets in this regard.
1. Digestive System: Helps cope with stomach pain and indigestion.
2. Nausea and headaches: A refreshing mint scent is a powerful medicine to treat nausea. Smell the aroma of mint oil or fresh mint leaves so nausea is reduced.
3. Respiratory disorders: The aroma of fresh mint is very effective relief of respiratory congestion by opening up the nose, throat, and lungs. Mint can also help to overcome cough.
4. Asthma: The use of mint on a regular basis can help people with asthma because it can provide relaxation and help relieve breathing.
5. Skin care: In addition to the skin, infections, rashes, and acne can also be resolved.
6. Oral health: This is of course widely known benefits of mint leaves. Because the ability to override the germs and inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth, it’s no wonder the mouth and breath we’ll always fresh if routine use.
7. Cancer: According to recent research, some of the enzymes contained in the mint leaves can help fight cancer cells.
1. Antibacterial: When you ingest lemon juice the acid from the lemon juice acts as a antibacterial force inside your stomach.
2. Vitamin C: Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C helps destroy H. pylori, which is a type of bacteria in your stomach. H. pylori is being research for it’s ability to cause stomach ulcers.Here is a great stomach and gut tonic. This will help you go to the restroom and it will help your stomach fight off any unwanted bacteria like H. pylori. The tonic includes: 1 cup of warm water, 1/2 lemon (juiced), 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed.
3. Alkalize the Body: Believe it or not but lemon are alkalizing for the body. Many people think since lemons are sour they are actually acidic inside your body. Inside your body lemons don’t act acidic, instead they have alkalizing properties that keep your pH balance.It’s best to start your day with warm water and lemon juice.
4. Liver Cleanser:Lemons help stimulate your liver and helps flush out toxins like uric acid and also liquefies the bile. This is part of the reason why lemons are used as a great cleanser.
5. Vitamin P: Vitamin P is a flavonoids. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radials associated with cellular damage and aging. Flavonoids also help reduce inflammation.
6. Anti-cancer Properties: Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer properties like limonine which slows the growth of tumors.
7. Protection Against Rheumatoid Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is a type of degenerative disease that occurs with aging. Foods rich in vitamin C helps protect agains inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Cleans You Out and Aids in Digestion: Lemon juice like most fresh vegetable juices contain pectin fiber. Pectin fiber is a type of water soluble fiber that helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Another great thing about pectin is that it keeps you feeling full and reduces cravings.
9. Natural Diuretic: Lemon juice and warm water also help increase the rate of urination. This is great because toxins and other harmful substances are pushed out of your body, leaving your body in a alkaline state.
10. Hydration of Lymph System: Lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed just to name a few.
1. Limes are good for women’s health. These citrus gems contain calcium and folate, two nutrients that are important for post-menopausal women and women of child-bearing age. One fresh lime contains 22 milligrams of calcium and over five micrograms of folate. Not bad for a tiny little fruit!
2. Lime peels can combat aging skin.The peels of citrus fruits contain an inhibitor of melanin production. With age and UV ray exposure, melanin, which gives skin its pigment, can build up and deposit itself as spots on your skin. Treating skin to a mask with bits of lime peel in it could reduce this hyperpigmentation.
3. Limes are anti-carcinogenic.The limonoid compounds in limes have been shown to prevent cancers of the colon, stomach and blood. Though the exact mechanism is unknown, scientists have observed that antioxidant limonoids also cause cancer cell death. Lime limonoids also stay active longer in your bloodstream, mopping more free radicals than green tea or dark chocolate.
4. Lime juice can help prevent formation of kidney stones. Fresh or from concentrate, lime juice contains more citric acid than orange or grapefruit juice. Citric acid is a natural inhibitor of kidney stones made of crystallized calcium. Go for fresh lime juice squeezed into water, as opposed to commercial limeades, for maximal benefits.
5. Limes may lower cholesterol. The primary flavonoid found in the limes, known as hesperidin, has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in animals fed a high-cholesterol diet. Get the most hesperidin out of heart-smart limes by eating as much of the white pith as possible.
1. Quick pick me-up: Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins. Put down your sodas and coffee and eat a cucumber slice.
2. Rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins. Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
3. Fight cancers: Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Relieves bad breath: The phytochemcials in the cucumber will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
5. Hangover cure: Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
6. Aids in weight loss and digestion:Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
7. Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure. Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
8. Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain. Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium.
1. Anti-Inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory virtue from the papain in papaya greatly reduce inflammation in diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout and asthma.
2. Colon Cancer: The rich fiber in papaya bind to cancer-causing toxins in the colon and is eliminated from the body during bowel movements.
3. Digestive Aid: Papaya is commonly known for its fine and natural laxative virtue which aids digestion. Taken regularly, it can help relieve habitual constipation, bleeding piles and chronic diarrhea.
4. Emphysema, Protection Against: If you are a smoker, or are frequently exposed to secondhand smoke, consume papaya juice regularly for its high vitamin A content. This may save your life as it will highly reduce your lung inflammation.
5. Heart Disease, Protection Against: The three very powerful anti-oxidants in papayas help prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. Oxidized cholesterol forms dangerous plagues that can eventually cause heart attacks or strokes.
6. Intestinal Disorders: The papain in unripe papaya is extremely beneficial for those who are deficient in gastric juice, have excess of unhealthy mucus in the stomach, dyspepsia and intestinal irritation.
7. Menstrual Irregularities: Consumption of unripe papaya juice helps to contract the muscle fibers of the womb, resulting in proper and regular menstrual flow. It is especially helpful in cases of menstruation cessation in females due to cold or trauma.
8. Skin Diseases: The juice from unripe papaya is highly beneficial in treating skin disorders like acne and psoriasis. It also may remove pigmentation or brown spots, making the skin smooth and delicate.
2101 Central Ave
Saint Petersburg, Florida